Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Heating & Air Conditioning in Maplewood, MN: Avoid CO Poisoning Risks

One of the most dangerous consequences of furnace damage is the buildup of carbon monoxide (CO) inside your home. CO is an odorless and colorless gas emitted by combustion processes. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), CO can reduce the oxygen delivered to vital organs, including the brain and heart. When CO levels in the air get too high, the effects can be fatal. Common symptoms of CO poisoning such as dizziness, nausea, and dull headaches can easily be mistaken for flu. At concentrated doses, CO may cause people to suffer from disorientation, blurred vision, shortness of breath, and even fainting. Those who are asleep or intoxicated are in grave danger of sustaining permanent brain damage as the presence of excess CO in any room would be hard to detect.

No comments:

Post a Comment